Rules and Regulations for the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021
These Rules and Regulations set out the rules for the reception and processing of the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021.
§ 1. Definitions
Whenever these Rules and Regulations refer to:
Accelerator – it should be understood as Accelpoint spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Warsaw (address: Mokotowska Street no 1, 00-640 Warszawa), entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000729444, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 7010820398, REGON: 380056842;
Applicant – it should be understood as an entrepreneur who is a natural person running a business, legal person or organisational unit without legal personality, who has registered office in Europe, operating for up to 7 years from the date of its registration in the relevant register and who submitted the Application via the http://www.europefh.com website;
Application – it should be understood as the application form available through the website http://www.europefh.com/#apply;
Expert Panel – it should be understood as a body composed of EFH Community Partners who carry out the quality check of the Applications submitted on the website http://www.europefh.com/#apply
Jury Panel – it should be understood as a body composed of EFH Strategic Partners who choose the finalist proposed from startups shortlisted by the Expert Panel members.
Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2021 – it should be understood as a prestigious program for startups held as part of the Singapore FinTech Festival.
§ 2. General Provisions
1. The European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021 is organized as part of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator by Accelerator.
2. The European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021 is addressed to start-up entrepreneurs whose product, service or process solutions fit the problem statements under the following categories:
Category I: Mobilize capital: Improve access to capital for Green projects or solutions
Category II: Monitor commitment: Enhance ease of monitoring commitments pledged to the development of green finance and sustainable projects
Category III: Measure impact: Improve efficacy of impact measurements in every phase of green projects and developments
There are a total of 52 problem statements across the 3 categories. For more detailed description, please visit the following link: https://www.oliverwyman.com/content/dam/oliver-wyman/v2/events/2021/nov/global-fintech-hackcelerator-2021_problem-statement-brochure.pdf
3. The Accelerator is looking for innovative market-ready solutions in the Green Finance area. Detailed description of the above specialisation may be found on http://www.europefh.com/ website.
4. Projects have to submit their proposal directly on the website http://www.europefh.com/ and up to 10 teams will be selected as semi-finalists by Expert Panel
§ 3. Application procedure
1. Applications under the open call shall be submitted from 14th July, 2021, (CEST) until August 31st, 2021, 2359 (CEST).
2. The Application is filled in and submitted in electronic form via website: http://www.europefh.com/#apply. The Application is sent by choosing the “Apply” option. The Application must be completed in accordance with the requirements of these Rules and Regulations and instructions contained in the Application form.
3. The Application should be prepared in English with the provision that the application prepared in two or more languages or in a different language than English shall be rejected.
4. The Application submitted after the deadline or in a different manner than through the on-line form (http://www.europefh.com/#apply) shall not be evaluated.
5. The Applicant should verify the completeness of the Application before sending it.
6. By submitting the Application, the Applicant:
a) authorizes the sharing of information that have been provided with the Expert Panel to determine the eligibility of the Applicant’s entry for the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021;
b) consents to the use of the trademark, logo, verbal, graphic or verbal graphic mark of the Applicant by the Accelerator in marketing or information materials related to the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2021;
c) declares that the Applicant has exclusive rights to the submitted solution being the subject of the Application and the right to dispose of it on their own behalf, and that this solution/product is free of any legal charges, security or any claim by a third party;
d) agrees to the Accelerator’s registration of their personal image as part of the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021 in the form of photographs and audiovisual materials;
e) undertake to follow these Rules and Regulations.
§ 4. Evaluation
1. The evaluation of the Application shall start immediately after the closure of the submission, but not later than within 14 days.
2. The evaluation is carried out in two phases by the Expert Panel appointed by the Accelerator from the Community Partners’ Representatives, and by the Jury Panel appointed by Accelpoint from the Strategic Partners’ Representatives and Independent Experts/ Industry Leaders
3. The selection criteria are specified in The Submission form on the website: http://www.europefh.com/#apply
4. The evaluation is based on the information contained in the Application, submitted declarations and documents.
5. Upon the request of the Accelerator the Applicant may provide additional information.
6. The evaluation of the Application consists of 3 stages:
a) Stage 1: Eligibility criteria; the formal criteria are verified by the Accelerator
b) Stage 2: Selection by the Expert Panel; Up to 10 Applicants with the highest rating and best evaluation results will be qualified as semi-finalists to Stage 3
c) Stage 3: Final Decision of the Jury Panel, that will choose 1 finalist based on the pitching session during European FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day no later than on September 14th.
7. Stage 2 is based on evaluation of the submitted project by the Experts, and stage 3 consists of pitching the idea in front of the Jury Panel online via visual communication tools (i.e Zoom, Google Meet, Skype etc.).
8. Notification about the specific time and date of the meeting with the Jury Panel is sent to the Applicant’s e-mail address in advance.
9. The Applicant is not entitled to appeal against a negative decision on qualifying to the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021.
§ 5. The contest and prizes
The SFF shall provide a prize for the best 1 Applicant (the winner) in the European FinTech Hackcelerator, accordingly to the rules of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator: https://hackolosseum.apixplatform.com/hackathon/gfh2021#prizes
1. The winner shall receive:
- a cash stipend of up to SDG 20.000
- access to the Network of Potential Clients and Investors
- a chance to be among up to 3 winners that will be selected to receive cash prizes worth S$50,000 each and a chance to be fast-tracked to receive up to S$200,000 in MAS Financial Sector Technology and Innovation Proof-of-Concept grant
- granted access to join a workshop to work with an assigned Corporate Champion who will provide mentorship and guidance to refine their solution
- free access to cloud prototyping platform APIX for rapid prototyping
6. The prizes shall be awarded to the Finalist who, in accordance with these Rules and Regulations and the Jury Panel’s assessment, present the best contest projects, pursuant to the criteria set out on the website http://www.europefh.com/#apply.
§ 6. Personal data protection
1. The administrator of the Applicants’ personal data is Accelpoint spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Warsaw (address: Mokotowska Street no 1, 00-640 Warszawa), entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000729444, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 7010820398, REGON: 380056842
2. Personal data shall be collected for the purposes of the preparation and carrying out of the European Fintech Hackcelerator 2021, including tasks involving the presentation of projects, issuing of awarded prizes, confirmation of expenditure eligibility, providing support, monitoring, evaluation, control, audit and reporting as well as promotional and information activities.
3. The processing of entrusted personal data shall take place pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on the Protection of data).
4. The data is provided by the persons concerned voluntarily, however failure to provide personal data shall prevent the effective participation in the European FinTech Hackcelerator 2021
5. Personal data may be transferred/entrusted only for processing to persons involved in the organization of the European FinTech Hackcelerator.
6. Personal data shall not be transferred to a third country or an international organization and shall not be subject to automated decision making.
7. After accomplishing the purpose referred to point 2 above, personal data shall be processed for archiving purposes for a period consistent with archiving regulations and for a period necessary for the Accelerator to defend against any potential claims raised, pursuant to generally applicable law, including limitation periods for claims set out in generally applicable law.
§ 7. Final provisions
1. The Rules and Regulations shall enter into force on the day of their publication on the website.
2. The Accelerator reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations. The amendments made to the Rules and Regulations come into force once published on the website.
3. A breach of any of the provisions of these Rules and Regulations by the Applicants, in particular providing false personal data, violation of the law or generally accepted principles of social life in connection with the participation in the European FinTech Hackcelerator, shall authorize the Accelerator to exclude such Applicant from the European FinTech Hackcelerator and revoke their right to win a prize.
4. The applicable and governing law, is a law of the Republic of Poland.