Greentech Accelerator powered by Accelpoint
Opportunity for additional benefits
What verticals we are looking for
Solutions that can help bring sustainable finance to banking and financial sector. Can be focused on introducing new 'green' products (i.e. loans) or can help financial institutions in tracking and monitoring activities of clients' portfolios
New equipment or measurement systems improving delivery and production of renewable energy
From new batteries through thermal to mechanical storage.
Smart grid, green/sustainable buildings, data centers & devices or collaborative consumption systems
Vehicles's solutions, traffic management, fueling/charging infrastructure.
Materials innovation, design innovation, equipment innovation, production, monitoring & compliance, advanced packaging, sustainable fashion
Production, treatment, transmission, efficiency, monitoring & compliance
Crop farming, controlled environment farming, sustainable forestry, animal farming, aquaculture
Carbon sequestration, carbon trading & offsetting, emissions control, waste & recycling, monitoring & compliance
The Future is Now! Join us in bringing climate tech solutions to the market
We are scouting for startups and accepting applications via our website until the 31st of October.
Evaluation of applications, 1:1 calls and Selection Committee meeting
Opening Onsite Meetup
Onsite meetup in Warsaw and Poland Climaccelerator kick-off
Full acceleration program comprising of 3 stages
Onsite Demo Day in Warsaw
Poland Climaccelerator and who should apply
Poland ClimAccelerator is part of the global program giving start-ups access to innovate, catalyse, and scale the potential of their climate solutions. ClimAccelerator program is supported by EIT Climate-KIC, the biggest network of cleantech and sustainability companies and institutions inside the EU, funded by EIT and Horizon Europe. Since inception, EIT Climate-KIC’s acceleration program has been the leading provider of climate innovation solutions, with almost 2,000 supported solutions and ca. €1 billion of capital provided.
The program will be offline mostly with some online participation. Opening session and demo day will take place in Warsaw, Poland.
Some workshops will be organized online.
Please note, we do not provide reimbursement for travel and accommodation.
- Impact/purpose-driven with focus on climate-risks mitigation
- MVP or traction - preferred; idea-stage possible
- Registered in Poland or launched by Polish residents, foreign teams eligible (see next FAQ)
- Can calculate impact (we will use free Impact Forecast tool to verify your Impact Hypothesis. For more info check: https://impact-forecast.com/impact-hypothesis
- Focused on international expansion from Day 1
- A team of at least 2 members
As a general rule, the program is open for residents or if your start-ups is established in Poland. Foreign teams can apply though, provided that their core business activity is focused on Poland or part of their team is located in Poland.
You can apply and get selected. Do remember though, that by the end of Stage 1 we will expect you to set up and entity.
We will select up to 15 teams for Batch 1.
Depending on the teams selected, the program may be run in Polish only (if Polish teams will make 100% of the batch) or English only (if we have international teams).
In any case, we suggest to to apply if you are speaking English as some sessions and workshops may by provided by non-Polish mentors.
Normally we expect teams of at least 2. If at the moment of applying you are the sole founder, please do apply. We will however require you to find co-founder by end of business model validation stage at the latest.
There are none but the priority will be given to projects with 4/5+ levels.
- Start with the verticals/challenges list on this website. If you think your product/service is a fit, click the Apply button.
- You will be redirected to the Metabeta.com platform. We are using Metabeta to streamline management of all our acceleration programs.
- Set up your Metabeta account and fill in our application form.
- Make sure you click the submit button before the deadline. We do not have access into the drafts of applications so only those projects that are submitted will be evaluated.
You will be requested to provide information on your Team, Impact Assessment, Product/Service, Business Model, Market, Traction.
Additionally, we strongly suggest you send us your pitchdeck (max. 15 slides). You may also upload a short video with your 3 min. intro (max.) or paste a link to a video or demo version of your product.
We expect to select projects within 2 weeks after deadline for applying. The we sign acceleration agreements and launch the program.
Selection Committee will analyze all applications based on their quality, fit for eligibility criteria and 1:1 interviews with Teams.
Selection Committee is comprised of Accelpoint experts and Partner representatives. We may appoint external experts as well, specifically with hands-on technical expertise.
We have a proven track record having supported close to 100 startups that since 2019 raised over 55 Million EUR. We cooperate with Tier 1 brands in Poland and have a vast international network of partners spanning Europe, Middle East and Singapore
- You will raise funding faster and a higher valuation
- You will test your product with potential clients fast and adapt even faster
- You will master your pitch for potential investors, partners and media
- Learn from the best mentors with track record and vast experience
- You join the EIT Climate-KIC community of startups
- You will get access to Climate-KIC investment marketplace with hundreds of international VCs and Business Angels focused on impact investments
The program is equity-free to take part. We will however, charge a 4% success fee on the funding you receive from the day you start the program.
The fee will be charged on all funding between 1 to 10 Million PLN.
- if you raise M 0.5 PLN per round you will not be charged any fees;
- if you raise M 4 PLN per round, you will be charged 160.000 PLN;
- if you raise M 15 PLN, you will be charged 400.000 PLN as the 10 Million PLN cap will be applied.
No fees will be applied to the funding you started negotiating before applying to the program.
At this moment we do not invest in startups. We are working on launching a VC fund, so somewhere down the road we may invest in your project.
No, participation in the program is not related to any grants. We will however be providing you training on how to receive grants and partner companies might assist you in aquiring them.
We are not providing any guarantees that startups will find investors. We will be assisting you in matchmaking with investors during and after the program through our network of impact investors.
By joining EIT Climate-KIC supported program you get access to global investors marketplace of VCs and Business Angels focused on impact investments.
The whole program will take up to 6 months and will be broken down into 3 stages. Some teams might not be selected for Stage 2 and Stage 3 (this will depend on your level of involvement).
We cannot guarantee that every team will be selected for PoC. This decision will be made by our Partners and depends on your product/service and their fit with our Partners priorities and current capacity.
We will assist you in finding external partners for PoC whenever it's possible. Note however, that we cannot guarantee PoC funding with external partners